Wednesday, July 11, 2012

EOC "About Me" Week 1


In the world we live in we all try to stand out and be individuals and how I set myself aside from every other fashion professional is by making sure I look the part at all times, showing my personality and always putting the values I was raised with which keeps me ahead of the game. I love fashion but unlike some people out there I'm not necessarily drawn to big brand names. I appreciate the quality of brand name garments as well as hand bags but they are not a must in my book. I’m a sucker for Coach handbags but I like a good bargain too; it’s sort of like a treasure hunt you will never know what hidden gems you might find at thrift store or at your local boutique. The key to looking like a million bucks without spending it is all about accessorizing your look to make it stand out. Having key pieces in your wardrobe is essential for maximum interchangeability as to keep you looking fresh at all times. My personal style is boho sheik and for those of you who don’t quite know what your personal style is a, great book to read is The Ellements of Personal style which features the stories of twenty-five modern fashion icons about how they dress, shop and live. I have learned a lot about my own personal style from this book and recommend it to all fashion professionals like myself. Me being the fashion professional that I am doesn’t seem like a chore or hard task because fashion is fun and free, its simply about one’s own personal style using the latest fashion trends and even trying something new that no one has ever seen previously, that is how anyone could considers themself as a fashion star. For me being a fashion professional is almost too easy, it’s not something any person should put too much into, don’t over think it and you will find success but one of the most important keys for any professional is to network, network, network! In many business ventures it’s not about what you know it’s about who you know. I stay focused on my goals in the fashion industry and always stay on top of the latest trends, designers and events by subscribing to numerous fashion websites like stylesight and Refinery29 which keep me informed about everything I need to know. Exercising all of the techniques describe can insure anyone who has dreams a lasting career in the fashion industry success, and with hard work and dedication anything can be achieved.

No comments:

Post a Comment